Miter Saw is used for making crosscuts on wooden surfaces. These cuts are made by setting one miter angle. Coming to the Quality Compound Miter Saw, they include the bevelling operation along with the miter task. Bevelling with Miter makes it a Compound Machine. Again we have got variations, and so in total there are three miter saws – the regular miter saw, compound miter saw, and the sliding miter saw.
Still, the operation and the working is found to be almost same for all the three saws.
How to Use a Compound Miter Saw
Just by having one Compound Miter Saw won’t get you all the desired results. The user must know how to handle the machine rightly. But before starting the work, get all the accessories required for your safety while working on the Miter Saw. They are given below:
- Glass for protection
- Uniform which is specially made for Sawing workers
- Firm and Strong Working shoes
- And one ear phone
If you want to learn about how to use the Best Compound Miter Saw in the right manner, then perform as follows:
- The first step is to set the machine for the cutting process. Here the setup process varies according to the type and the design of the saw. If the miter system has got upper miter feature, then you will have to mount it. For the sliding type of miter saw, just slide the saw for setup. The sliding ones are light in weight and come in a compact shape. Thus it is recommended for the beginners. Read all the safety instructions and other precautions before using the Miter Saw.
- Secondly, take a small piece of plywood or any other wood, and try out some cuts on it. This will help you in knowing if the blades are aligned in the right manner. For this purpose take the smallest wood piece which is sized enough for making a proper cut.
- After testing all the machinery parts is done, now it’s time to get real! Next step is to get one pencil for doing all the markings and measurement stuff. Do all the markings, and make sure that you perform this step carefully. Because there is no backtracking from here.
- The fourth step deals with getting the board set for cutting! Get the board arranged on the saw cutting area. We are going to set the board in the vertical position. While some of you may arrange it in a horizontal style, well it is not recommended while working on boards.
- Make sure that you place the board in the right slots of the miter saw. With the lines provided within the saw, the user can follow them and set the board accordingly. If the board does not remain in a straight position, then use the hands for maintaining a steady arrangement.
- It is the right time to turn on the machine for cutting the board. Keep the blade a bit lower in height, for getting that smooth cutting experience.
- One point to be noted here – do not force the blade for cutting any hard surface. Instead move the blade slowly, and give sufficient amount of time for performing the cut.
After you are done with the cutting, then perform the sanding process. If the surface is rough after cutting or got any useless part, sanding can come to use for such cases.
It comes with different types of miter saw blades. So you need to choose the one which matches the surface type. So in this manner, you can make use of the Compound Miter Saw for different home needs. You must read Compound Miter Saw reviews before it.
Did you find this guide on “How to Use a Compound Miter Saw” helpful enough? Are you stuck up at somewhere in the working? Let us know in the comment section below. Show some support on our page HomeFrik.