So looking for a no-router solution for cutting those Grooves? Well, it is possible! We will help you out and make sure that the task is done. Even setting up the dado set is time-consuming, especially when your project needs to be delivered in a short time. So let’s find a way out!
How to Cut a Groove in Wood Without a Router
We are going to use a table-saw for this task. With the completion of the job, you could easily get those fine grooves and rabbet joints done without the presence of a Wood Router. This trick can even work for an odd-sized wood with the help of the blade present in the saw.
The steps to be performed for making a Groove Cut without a Best Wood Router are given below:
- The first step is to make a spacer here. For this get one scrap piece of the wood which you want to fit in for the groove. Then, cut a blade’s thickness wood, keeping the depth of 1″ right here. Therefore the cut should be just 1″ above the surface.
- Secondly, you have to mark along the cut made in the first step. Make use of a knife or a sharp pencil, and mark it. The blade depth should match the depth of the groove. This should not be more than 1/3rd of the complete stock. This is important if you want to make a groove cut without making use of Wood Router.
- Now the Saw comes into the picture. You need to do some Fence adjustments so that the blade aligns with the marked groove rightly. After that, lock it in the needed place. The spacer is to be set outside the fence area, and with the help of the clamp keep the complete set blocked. Finally, make the cut.
- Next step is to make the second cut. For this, remove the spacer, and set the fence against the stop block. After this, perform similar cuts continuously to get a smooth finish. This will do the polishing work on the surfaces.
- When everything is done with the groove, you can make use of a chisel or a sandpaper for eliminating any ridges present at the bottom side.
- You can try out the same process for getting the rabbets done. Rabbets are the one-sided grooves.
This way, you can do the Groove cutting job without the use of Wood Router. It is recommended to take advantage of a Rip blade instead of the Combination blade. Before getting any router, buying must read Wood Router Reviews to understand things better. Because the latter one leaves ridges on the surface, which may result in an improper glue joint.
Have any other cool idea to get the Grooves in absence of Wood Router? Share us your tips and suggestions by commenting on this post below. For more similar articles, check out HomeFrik! Follow for updates.