People who start using one Electric Kettle, they usually get addicted to this system.
One of the major reasons for this is the quick boiling feature. You can quickly get the hot water whenever you wish to. That’s why, for boiling purposes, Electric type of Kettle is the best recommended.
Also, Electric Kettle are found to be more efficient compared to the microwave systems. But one thing which we mostly overlook is Cleaning! If you wish to run any machine smoothly for a longer time, then right maintenance is the primary necessity. Cleaning plays a key role in the maintenance process.
How to Clean Electric Kettle
If the home water is hard, then you will soon find scales building up on your Kettle surface. Quick action should be taken. Otherwise, you will find the flaky kind of material in the boiled water. Here we will provide the complete steps to be performed for Cleaning the Electric Kettle.
(Skip to Step number 10 for a No-Vinegar Solution)
The process begins as follows:
- Take the Electric Kettle that needs to be cleaned. You need to take an equal portion of water and white vinegar upto half or 3 quarters of the Kettle.
- Mix both the contents well. Then set the Kettle on, and wait for the solution to start boiling.
- After the water+vinegar solution starts boiling, let it boil for some time. Then turn the unit off, and take the plug off from the socket.
- Keep the solution in the Kettle for about 15-20 minutes. Then throw this solution, and wash the kettle and rinse it properly. You may have to perform this step many times, till the vinegar content is completely removed from the kettle. At this stage, you will find that significant portion of the scales has already disappeared.
- Next, take a clean cloth, and simply wipe the internal portion of your best Electric Kettle. After proper wiping, leave the kettle to dry completely.
- If you still feel that the vinegar smell is present in the kettle, then add boiling water to the kettle and then remove the water. This will remove all the vinegar presence.
- You can also add water, and set it to boil within the Kettle.
- If the scale buildup is not coming out, then make use of strong vinegar solution. Leave the solution in the Kettle for a long time, or overnight (in extreme cases).
- Hold one non-metallic pad for scrubbing the Kettle interiors. Carefully clean the interiors, and avoid getting in contact with the heating element (this is placed on the bottom side).
- If it is mentioned – not to use vinegar with your Electric Kettle unit, then we got another solution. Fill it with water, then squeeze some lemon juice. Add the slices of the same lemon in the water, and set it to boil. Keep the solution as it is for around 1 hour. Remove the water, rinse it. Wipe the interior, and then sprinkle some baking soda and Rinse the Kettle again.
- For cleaning the outside portion, use any dishwashing liquid and wipe the outer portion with a damp cloth. For getting a shiny touch, you can use a bit of olive oil. Put the oil on the cloth, and then rub the kettle using it.
So in this way, you can clean your Electric Kettle by using simple home ingredients.
- Always keep the Kettle empty when not in use. The stored water can settle a lot more minerals, thus building a home for scales.
- Clean the outer portion of the Kettle once in a week, and work on the scale build-ups once in a month.
- Also, one important point to note here is that the heating element is at the bottom side of the kettle. Do not immerse the entire unit in the water.
This is our DIY method for Cleaning an Electric Kettle. Got some interesting ideas? Share with us by commenting them below. You can read our Electric Kettle Reviews guide which is amazing.
You can be a part of our community, by doing a simple follow right here ->HomeFrik!